The first verses revealed to our beloved prophet were a command to Read. "Read in the name of your Lord who created, created man from a clot. Read, for your Lord is most Generous, Who teaches by means of the pen, teaches man what he does not know." (96: 1-5)
Why the library & information center?
- To help improve the knowledge and understanding of Islam among Muslims.
- To connect and interact with the surrounding community via resources, services and activities.
Where is the library and when does it open?
- The library is located within the ICM building. Its hours of operations will vary depending on volunteers, and we will announce its monthly calendar.
What is in the library?
- We have about 500 books and booklets in Arabic and English mainly, and around 100 CDs/DVDs.
- The library computer has a searchable database of the noble Quran, the Hadith in addition to hundreds of books and articles about Islam in the English language.
What are the services we offer?
- The library contents are open for you to read free of charge within the ICM premises. ICM members can also check out books, CDs, and DVDs to for up to one week.
- We will offer assistance to any personal research, essay, or project that will improve the image of Islam and Muslims in the community. Just tell us your project, and we will try to help you with it.
- On site lectures: we will be glad to deliver lectures about Islam or Islamic topics to any group, class, school or church in the Middle Tennessee area.
How can you help?
- Donate books, CDs or DVDs, please check our inventory before you donate to prevent duplicates.
- Volunteer for the library